In a recent development to stabilize the crypto market, Lightning HSL presented a groundbreaking idea aiming to prevent the looming risk of Curve’s native token CRV liquidation. The crypto world was sent into a frenzy after the recent exploit on Curve Finance, which resulted in a significant crash in the value of CRV, threatening large-scale liquidation.
The New Backup Pool Solution
Lightning HSL’s proposal is centered around the introduction of a mainstream stablecoin backup liquidation pool. USDT, a commonly used stablecoin, serves as an example. Under this plan, any user looking to acquire discounted mortgage products can deposit USDT into this backup pool. Users on the brink of liquidation could then use the USDT in the backup pool to repay debts, subsequently withdrawing their collateral to sell to the backup pool at a discounted rate.
However, there is skepticism about this idea. Analysts contend that even while this method may approximate the stable pool proposed by Liquidity, it might not produce the desired results in practical settings. Concerns arise due to the significant differences in the collateral assets between the two. Critics worry that customers buying reduced CRV could quickly bring the market back to its previous crash, putting their positions at risk of liquidation.
These analysts contend that the lending platform’s strategy is what’s at the heart of the issue. It should separate the assets of the lending pool, classifying collateral according to its market liquidity and setting suitable borrowing restrictions in accordance.
CRV Gets Protection On Binance
In a positive move following the exploit, crypto market makers intervened on Binance to support CRV. Data from Paris-based crypto provider Kaiko reported that the 2% bid-side market depth, a measure of buy orders within 2% of the mid-price, rose from roughly 500,000 CRV to over 1 million CRV post-exploit.
Following the late Sunday exploit, CRV quickly decreased more than 14% to 58 cents. The sudden dip sparked more CRV selling as concerns about a potential liquidation of Curve founder Michael Egorov’s multi-million dollar worth of USDT and FRAX borrowings that were secured by CRV grew. CRV token is trading at $0.5783, at the time of writing.
It is yet to be seen whether Lightning HSL’s proposal will be implemented or how it would influence the crypto market. However, it opens up a dialogue on novel mechanisms to mitigate risks associated with crypto borrowing and liquidation.
- XRP Community Backs LBRY As It Decides To Appeal Against US SEC
- Beware: BTC Price Jumps 2% But Bitcoin Exchange Deposits Increase
- CFTC Cracks Down on DeFi Platforms for Illegal Trading of Crypto Derivatives
- Breaking: JPMorgan Forges Ahead with Blockchain Deposit Tokens for Settlements
- Breaking: North Korean Hackers Behind $41M Crypto Robbery, FBI Warns
- XRP Price Prediction: Will Range Pattern Breakout Push $XRP Above $0.6?
- SHIB Price Prediction: Will Shiba Inu Coin Regain $0.00001 Mark in September?
- PEPE Price Prediction: Key Resistance Breach Signals 20% Rally Ahead
- Cryptocurrency Prices Today: Bitcoin Holds $25500, Solana and Synthetix Coins See Rally
- $2000 or $1500; Where ETH Price is Heading this September?