DeFi protocol Curve Finance on Wednesday said CRV/ETH attackers need to return funds to the Curve DAO ownership address. The new development comes after exploiters failed to return funds within the stipulated deadline and Curve Finance extend the bounty to anyone who identify the exploiters for a conviction in the court.
Curve Finance Exploiter to Return Funds?
Curve Finance on August 9 again asked CRV/ETH exploiter to return funds to Curve DAO Ownership agent wallet address “0x4090.” It’s unclear whether exploiters again contacted Curve to return the remaining funds.
CRV/ETH exploiter will need to return funds to the Curve DAO Ownership agent at 0x40907540d8a6c65c637785e8f8b742ae6b0b9968
— Curve Finance (@CurveFinance) August 9, 2023
Curve Finance earlier extended the bounty to the public for a reward valued at 10% of the remaining exploited funds as the deadline passed. Anyone who identifies the exploiter in a way that leads to a conviction in the courts will get $1.85 million in reward.
Meanwhile, Curve Finance founder Michael Egorov is above halfway to paying off his $80 million debt through OTC sales of CRV tokens. Since the sale of CRV through OTC began on August 1, Curve founder has sold nearly 145 million CRV to 31 investors and institutions in exchange for almost $60 million in funds.
Also, the Aave community has blocked Curve DAO Token (CRV) borrowing to prevent the liquidation risk of Curve Finance founder Michael Egorov’s debt that could trigger a contagion and possibly a DeFi crash.
CRV Price Above Liquidation Level
Michael Egorov is under liquidation pressure as CRV price fell after the $61 million hack. DeFi platforms such as Aave will sell CRV collaterals if CRV price hits $0.368, which could trigger contagion and potentially a DeFi crash.
CRV price jumps 1% in the past 24 hours, with the price currently trading at $0.60. The 24-hour low and high are $0.597 and $0.616, respectively. The price soared 10% after attackers started to return funds, but the momentum has slowed.
- XRP Community Backs LBRY As It Decides To Appeal Against US SEC
- Beware: BTC Price Jumps 2% But Bitcoin Exchange Deposits Increase
- CFTC Cracks Down on DeFi Platforms for Illegal Trading of Crypto Derivatives
- Breaking: JPMorgan Forges Ahead with Blockchain Deposit Tokens for Settlements
- Breaking: North Korean Hackers Behind $41M Crypto Robbery, FBI Warns
- XRP Price Prediction: Will Range Pattern Breakout Push $XRP Above $0.6?
- SHIB Price Prediction: Will Shiba Inu Coin Regain $0.00001 Mark in September?
- PEPE Price Prediction: Key Resistance Breach Signals 20% Rally Ahead
- Cryptocurrency Prices Today: Bitcoin Holds $25500, Solana and Synthetix Coins See Rally
- $2000 or $1500; Where ETH Price is Heading this September?