Soon as crypto exchange Coinbase launched the Layer-2 platform Base last week, American multinational Coca-Cola announced its new NFT collection on the platform.
Coca-Cola’s ‘Masterpiece’ NFT collection consists of some iconic artwork by emerging talents in the digital space and on-chain art. Timeless artistic treasures such as “The Scream” by Edvard Munch and “Girl with a Pearl Earring” by Johannes Vermeer seamlessly share space with modern pieces from skilled artists like Aket and Vikram Kushwah.
These works have now gained a fresh dimension as they transform into collectibles on the blockchain, open to art enthusiasts engaged in the Onchain Summer event. Using “Masterpiece,” Coca-Cola® acts like a curator who brings together stories from all over the world and celebrates different types of art.
The ‘Masterpiece’ by Coca-Cola® is more than just a collection of art. It represents how art, technology, and people come together onchain. By bringing it into the digital world, Coca-Cola® is showing other companies how to connect with the digital era. This collection goes beyond regular art galleries, reaching people all around the world.
France-based featured artist Aket stated: “Coca-Cola® is a super important generational marker. Their advertisements encourage us to live our dreams every day.”
“I’m proud to be a part of Masterpiece,” says Fatma Ramadan, a visual artist from Egypt, “because my work will be shown alongside a diverse group of artists from different countries.”
Coinbase Base Blockchain
Last week on August 9, crypto exchange Coinbase launched its Base mainnet to the public. The Coinbase Base platform hosts over 100 decentralized applications (dApps) and service providers while addressing the challenges that users would face with the Ethereum blockchain network.
The Base platform rests atop Optimism’s OP Stack software and operates as a rollup network. This allows it to handle transactions separately from the main Ethereum blockchain. The goal is to provide a more efficient platform for dapps, making use of Layer-2 solutions. These solutions aim to tackle the challenges of scalability and expenses linked with primary blockchain networks, reflecting a larger trend in the industry.
Coinbase launched the Beta version of the Base platform earlier this year in February 2023.
- XRP Community Backs LBRY As It Decides To Appeal Against US SEC
- Beware: BTC Price Jumps 2% But Bitcoin Exchange Deposits Increase
- CFTC Cracks Down on DeFi Platforms for Illegal Trading of Crypto Derivatives
- Breaking: JPMorgan Forges Ahead with Blockchain Deposit Tokens for Settlements
- Breaking: North Korean Hackers Behind $41M Crypto Robbery, FBI Warns
- XRP Price Prediction: Will Range Pattern Breakout Push $XRP Above $0.6?
- SHIB Price Prediction: Will Shiba Inu Coin Regain $0.00001 Mark in September?
- PEPE Price Prediction: Key Resistance Breach Signals 20% Rally Ahead
- Cryptocurrency Prices Today: Bitcoin Holds $25500, Solana and Synthetix Coins See Rally
- $2000 or $1500; Where ETH Price is Heading this September?