Japan’s popular watch brand Casio has partnered with Polygon Labs, the Layer-2 scalability platform of the Ethereum blockchain network, and will launch the virtual G-SHOCK watches on Polygon’s protocols.
Thus, the watchmaker also plans to launch an NFT-based collection of community access passes. Later this month, from September 23 onwards, users will be able to claim one of the 15,000 NFT-based G-SHOCK creator passes. Casio said that users would also get access to the dedicated Discord channel for the project.
Customers who have previously registered for a CASIO ID on the company’s membership site can take part in the pre-distribution phase scheduled for September 23-26. Subsequently, a public distribution phase will commence from September 26-29.
Just two weeks ago on August 22, Casio filed for a trademark application U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, for virtual clothing, NFT-backed media, watches, and stores for virtual goods. Casio’s G-SHOCK has been the company’s most popular shock-resistant watch. With the new NFT-based creator passes, Casio seems to tap further into G-SHOCK’s popularity.
Casio Plans Community Co-Creation for G-SHOCK
In the initial community initiative, Casio will extend an invitation to users to propose design concepts for the G-SHOCK creator pass. They will also have the opportunity to vote on their preferred design. Later, Casio would incorporate the winning design into a variant of the NFT pass.
Casio selected Polygon for launching its Web3 endeavor due to the platform’s capability to facilitate rapid transactions. This ensures a smooth and efficient process for minting and managing NFTs, all while maintaining a carbon-neutral footprint. Speaking on the development, Casio Senior General Manager of Timepieces Takahashi Oh said:
“At its core, our virtual G-SHOCK was built to be accessible, innovative and inclusive, meaning that user experience must be frictionless and simple. This is why Polygon was the most natural and logical choice for us. The goal is for the company and users to work together and develop the G-SHOCK brand, which celebrated its 40th anniversary this year.”
with this development, Casio joins other brands like Starbucks, Adidas, and DraftKings, who have launched their initiatives on Polygon Labs.
- XRP Community Backs LBRY As It Decides To Appeal Against US SEC
- Beware: BTC Price Jumps 2% But Bitcoin Exchange Deposits Increase
- CFTC Cracks Down on DeFi Platforms for Illegal Trading of Crypto Derivatives
- Breaking: JPMorgan Forges Ahead with Blockchain Deposit Tokens for Settlements
- Breaking: North Korean Hackers Behind $41M Crypto Robbery, FBI Warns
- XRP Price Prediction: Will Range Pattern Breakout Push $XRP Above $0.6?
- SHIB Price Prediction: Will Shiba Inu Coin Regain $0.00001 Mark in September?
- PEPE Price Prediction: Key Resistance Breach Signals 20% Rally Ahead
- Cryptocurrency Prices Today: Bitcoin Holds $25500, Solana and Synthetix Coins See Rally
- $2000 or $1500; Where ETH Price is Heading this September?